- Take the time to really get to know the people you work with
- Keep an open door and open mind
- Contribute to conversations at all levels
- Share what's working for you and what's not
- Recognize the strengths of others
- Smile...a lot!
- Be there for others when they need you
- Stay calm when things get tense
- Hold yourself accountable and others will do the same
- Be on time, be present, and respect the norms of meetings
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Teacher Appreciation Week is upon us and that means flowers, luncheons, cards, and goodies in the teacher’s room. Students, parents, and administrators are happy to recognize the many hours of hard work and unwavering dedication of the teachers in their district. Receiving these accolades is certainly a wonderful feeling, but I would like to use this space to share some of the things that I appreciate about the job I love doing each and every day.
Ten Things I Appreciate as a Teacher
The recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.
- Watching students give their best effort
- Supportive parents
- Those aha light bulb moments
- Contributing to the community
- Witnessing friendships being formed
- The questions (well, most of them anyway!)
- Learning from amazing colleagues
- Being a trusted adult for students
- No two days are ever alike