In 1983 during Bruce Springsteen's recording of Born in the USA, long time friend and guitarist Little Steven Van Zandt left the E Street band to pursue other opportunities. Bruce wrote and added a song called Bobby Jean to what would be his biggest selling album ever. The song is about saying farewell to someone you care for dearly, "I'm just calling one last time not to change your mind...good luck, good bye, Bobby Jean."
I could send this individual a card, call her up, or maybe I could even try writing a song for her. For now I will just stick to what I'm most comfortable with, a top ten list!
10 Lessons Learned from my friend "Bobby Jean"
- No idea is too crazy to try out
- Teaching comes from the heart
- There is no such thing as caring too much
- Advocate for students no matter what
- Never stop learning from others
- Give every lesson your all
- To be a teacher is to love what you do
- Relationships matter
- It's never about what's best for the teacher
- See the best in everyone around you