Teacher Appreciation Week is upon us and that means flowers, luncheons, cards, and goodies in the teacher’s room. Students, parents, and administrators are happy to recognize the many hours of hard work and unwavering dedication of the teachers in their district. Receiving these accolades is certainly a wonderful feeling, but I would like to use this space to share some of the things that I appreciate about the job I love doing each and every day.
Ten Things I Appreciate as a Teacher
The recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.
- Watching students give their best effort
- Supportive parents
- Those aha light bulb moments
- Contributing to the community
- Witnessing friendships being formed
- The questions (well, most of them anyway!)
- Learning from amazing colleagues
- Being a trusted adult for students
- No two days are ever alike