Saturday, May 18, 2013

10 Reasons You Remember THAT Teacher


  • That teacher cared about you
  • That teacher smiled a lot
  • That teacher prepared lessons that were engaging and relevant
  • That teacher wanted you to succeed
  • That teacher worked really hard
  • That teacher was honest
  • That teacher was creative and tried different ways to reach you
  • That teacher made you feel like the most important person in the world
  • That teacher gave you many chances
  • That teacher was always happy to see you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am 10 years old and my 5th grade teacher introduced me to your blog. I used to hate school. Your most recent post made me think about all of my previous teachers. Reflecting back on past school years, I realized THAT my teachers really did care about me even though I didn't show much care towards them. My teachers were always honest and personable with me. To be honest with you, this post might have changed my perspective on school!

Gino Sangiuliano said...

Thank you so much for you comment and your honesty. It takes maturity to reflect on past experiences and rethink them. Enjoy the rest of 5th grade and good luck in 6th!

Carroll said...

Gino, I was thinking how these same qualities could be said about being a parent. If you substituted That parent for the majority of that list, the world would be a better place. Thanks for drawing your life as both a teacher and a parent to write this.