Yes, the Red Sox are the best team in baseball and for this New York Yankees fan it has been difficult to watch. However at the end of the day, the Red Sox were truly a great and dominant team. It may be difficult to admit, but the evidence is clear and the parade is justified...119 wins and a World Series title.
Here is a list of 10 truths about education that some may find difficult to come to terms with, however the evidence tells us that they warrant our attention.
- School schedules need to change to meet the needs of our students
- Many past practices simply need to be abandoned
- We need to take a hard look at how we collaborate and find ways to tap into our colleagues expertise and experience
- The impact that social emotional learning has on academic achievement is real
- Doing more of something isn't always better
- Money alone cannot close the gaps for our learners
- Some homework assignments do more harm than good
- Meetings need to be well planned, short, and focused
- Documentation and data collection has become an essential part of our profession
- We need to have high expectations for all students