Friday, November 22, 2013

Humanizing Data

I was never really that friendly with Data.  It’s not so much that I disliked Data, but I use to feel like it was always trying to steal attention away from my students, as if it knew more about them than I did.  Over the past few years, I have had to work with Data more closely, and I am realizing it’s not that bad.  Sure, sometimes I strongly disagree with its methods, but it has good intentions.  Sometimes I don’t like what it has to say, but that can be true in any relationship.  Data is definitely going to be around for a while and so am I, and that is why we have decided to try to work together.  Who knows, we might make a really good team!

  • Data has a way of getting initiatives started
  • Data is great backup at any meeting
  • Data can give me information that I need in order to make decisions
  • Data can draw attention to issues that need to be addressed
  • Data can tell me if what I am doing is working
  • Data can motivate students
  • Data helps me keep parents informed
  • Data has good intentions
  • Data is there in good times and bad
  • Data never claims to have all the answers


No comments: